Friday, March 27, 2009

St. Albans, VT

During my time in the Field Band I've played in many basketball courts, but our concert in St. Albans was my first on a tennis court! We had a great audience who filled this huge indoor recreation center. 


There were several talented students sitting in with us on Washington Post. During intermission some of them jumped in and played a trombone duet Carmen and Wes had brought along. 


We had a Maintenance Day in Burlington, VT and I took the opportunity during our time off to go skiing. This was the second time in my life that I have ventured onto skis. I'm not a particularly graceful person to begin with, and I was more than apprehensive about how this experience would go. 



Luckily I had such a great time. I was with a fantastic group of people who made sure to help me get accustomed to the technique. I fell so many times that I lost count, but it was total fun and by the end of the day I started getting the hang of it.







Here I am following a total face-first wipe out. 
I spent a lot of time falling and getting up. It has been two days since the trip and I am STILL completely sore. It's a good sore though- being in the beautiful Vermont mountains, breathing fresh air, and getting one heck of a workout was fantastic! 




The following day I was up early to perform at a local school for some enthusiastic brass students.
Sometimes we may not have the largest audiences... as you can see from this picture. But it was a fun clinic nonetheless, and hopefully they enjoyed our performance and learned some things along the way. 

No comments: