Sunday, March 8, 2009

Albany, NY

On Saturday we ventured to New York's distinguished capitol for an afternoon concert in "The Egg." I caught a picture of the skyline as we were driving in and you can see why that name is very fitting. It was a crazy place. Even the elevators were ovals. It was one of the more interesting buildings I have ever explored. 

So for this tour I am on the setup crew. We actually ride ahead of the tour buses and set up all the equipment the band needs for every concert. I haven't gotten many pictures of it because I'm usually REALLY busy when we are setting up. First the whole crew unloads both of our big trucks. Then I help set up the risers, put out the baffles (sound shields that sit in front of percussion), set up the podium & lecturn, and then assemble our Hooah Army Strong display. This quick pictures is one of the trucks backing up into The Egg's loading dock. 

The concert hall was huge (and egg-like). This is a shot from backstage.  One thing about this venue that was funny to me is that all the elevators had operators. Although it seemed like all they did was just push the buttons to take us to our floors, it was nice to have somebody to help orient us in that huge building. 




Sometimes there are some great props backstage. I might need this sign around day 30 of tour, but for now I'm having fun! 







After the concert was over we returned to the hotel and I enjoyed a night out with some of my buds. 

No comments: