Saturday, March 21, 2009

Fairfield, ME

We are now in Maine, definitely the farthest North I have ever traveled in my life! Luckily, the weather hasn't been too bad. Don't get me wrong,  it is still cold, but it could be SO much worse. I'm finding Maine to be a beautiful state. The forests remind me of Texas. 

Our concert in Fairfield went very well. The Adjutant General of the Maine National Guard, Major General John Libby, was an honored presence at the event. He spoke before we began the concert and I really enjoyed what he shared with the audience.  

Chris and I played our solo on this concert. Here we are posing with Major Pulver, who conducts the piece. Every performance feels more comfortable and the crowds always seem to enjoy it. 


Somebody on the set-up crew managed to get ahold of some plastic teeth so we had a good time fooling around with those. Here I am with Charles displaying our improved grills.

Then we snuck up on one of our awesome drivers. It took him a minute to notice that something was different. I wish you could see Scott's teeth in this picture, it was pretty funny. 

1 comment:

Linda said...

Maine is my home state. Though you'd never catch me living there again, lol! It IS a gorgeous state (if you travel all of it, you'll see even more beauty - but beware, there are LONG stretches of nothing but trees...) You were no where near my home town, which is way up on the tippy top border of Maine and Canada...but my family is all south now. Wish I had known you were in Sanford, I'd have told my cousins to take my mom to see a GOOD Army band play!