Sunday, March 8, 2009

Pelham, NY

On Friday we headed to New York and gave a performance in Pelham. This was one of my favorite concerts so far because the audience was very enthusiastic. I love looking up from playing and seeing little kids waving American flags and dancing to the music! 


I had to catch up with this man, who was wearing an awesome tie with euphonium-like brass instruments on it.






The concert was held at Pelham Middle School. You know, in the Army we are all about acronyms and the Pelicans sort of have an unfortunate one. They were great hosts and the students that were featured with the band during the concert were really nice. 










I love the American Legion guys! Luckily for me, they are always willing to pose for pictures. 










Here I am with Chris and Scott, two of my favorite people!
I am enjoying New York so far. The people are very nice and have the best accents. The pizza's not bad either! It hasn't been as cold as I was fearing but we are heading Northward soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the good weather holds up. 

No comments: