Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sanford, ME

Our final performance in Maine was at a PACKED high school gym. This crowd was off the charts- I don't think I'd ever seen so many standing ovations during a concert. This picture only shows half of the audience. We were basically surrounded on three sides by swarms of people. It is great when so many folks can make it out to support us and the Army! 


Here is the band's display that I am in charge of setting up every night. The final product looks fancy and put together, but it is assembled from many different parts that break down for easy transport. I will try to get a shot of it before I put it together next time. 

Here I am having a little fun on the mixing board. I love our audio guys- Johnny & Howie. They both make me laugh constantly.  

I've been working on my card skills this tour. Here is the lobby group that likes to get together in the evenings. One of the interesting things about touring and performing every night is figuring out how to wind down afterwards. Concerts are very high energy and it is difficult to come back to the hotel and just go to bed. Playing cards is one of the ways I've been trying to decompress. 

No comments: