Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pumpkin

So I have this thing with Pumpkin. I love it. It is perhaps one of the best features of Fall. Love to eat anything containing it. Love to carve intricate designs into them & leave 'em out so long they rot and collapse into gaseous mounds & my neighbors complain. Luckily for my neighbors, one of the few downsides to my new job is that I will never be home for Halloween again for the duration of my career with TUSAFB.

I absolutely must try anything pumpkin flavored, and I thought I would share some of the items I have been indulging in lately. The latest hero of my morning coffee is this Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer that I picked up today. Also featured are Pumpkin Pie Spice Hershey Kisses, recommended by Scott. My research indicates that these can only be acquired at Target. The interesting looking stuff below is "Pumpkin Pie Fluff." I got this recipe from Scott's mom:

1 tub fat-free Cool Whip
1 can pumpkin
1 package sugar-free, fat-free instant Jello mix
1 cup milk (I use light Silk soymilk)
pumpkin pie spice to taste

You mix it all together and it is amazing. I didn't have the pie spice, and it's still delicious. A good not-too-bad-for-you Fall treat. Some recipes I have seen also have you add a package of butterscotch Jello mix, but I have never tried it that way. 

I've been waiting to find one of these benches unoccupied so I could snap a picture of it. The slogan "The Greatest City in America" is pretty funny to anybody who has ever actually been to Baltimore. As a matter of fact, it is the greatest place for me right now! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I made a pumpkin black bean soup yesterday. You should try it. It is quite amazing.