Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hagerstown, MD

I'm going to try really hard to blog from each stop on my inaugural tour with TUSAFB. Last night we had our first official tour performance. It was a fun concert. Chris played "Pantomime" which was awesome!  So far the concerts are really fun. It is hard not to get distracted during the Armed Forces Medley because I like to look out and see all the people standing up. There are so many Navy & Army, and the Marines always look really proud and hardcore. The poor Coast Guard... there is usually at least one representative! 
Here is a picture from my seat in the band looking out. I think it is going to be interesting getting to play on so many different stages. It will be a new way of listening. I think I have been spoiled by the Murchison. 

After the concert we actually drove back home because the venue was only about an hour away. This morning I got up bright and early to go meet the tour buses for our big departure. I'm glad I left early because I got stuck downtown for half an hour because of the Baltimore Marathon. Some of the visual highlights were women dressed in purple with Maryland Crab Hats on, a man who was jumping rope, presumably for the entire 26 miles, and a man juggling the whole way.  

So now I'm on the tour bus and on the road for the next 35 days. Who knows what adventures are in store?

No comments: