Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Packing

This week we had our final run-thrus of the four programs we perform on tour. Wednesday and Thursday we have off to conduct "tour prep." As you can imagine, there is lots of packing involved for a 36 day tour. We have a concert in Hagerstown, MD on Friday, then drive back home for the night. On Saturday the buses pull out for West Virginia and we are officially on the road! I'm pretty pumped. 

Check out these sweet "packing cubes" I got to organize my suitcase. Several people in the band recommended them and I think they will be a big help. You organize all your shirts in one, pants in another, etc. That way you don't have to re-pack every time we stop for the night and there is no digging through your suitcase to find something. 

We get to keep stuff on the bus at our seats. This tupperware container has all the yummy food I'm bringing so that I don't have to eat McDonalds for lunch every day. 


In other extremely exciting news, I went to a local bar with the really nice people that live above me in my rowhome. They are artists- two graphic designers and a painter. They have been living in Baltimore for a long time and know much more about city life that I do! Apparently I live around three blocks down from Charm City Cakes of "Ace of Cakes" fame on the Food Network. This is one of my favorite shows. It was really cool, you could look in the windows and see all of the awesome cakes. They are super expensive, but I've decided I'm going to order one for my 30th birthday party (in 6 yrs). I'm going to have a double quinceanera and go all out! 

I'm planning on updating my blog regularly while we are out on tour so that family and friends can keep up with my travels. Should be fun! 


No comments: