Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Trenton, MO

Our performance at North Central Missouri College on Tuesday night was really enjoyable. Despite being held inside a gym, the sound was not bad at all. 


Probably my favorite performance of the night was SFC Judith Norton singing Mozart's Parto Parto with SSG Marlena Burghardt soloing on clarinet. One of the cool things about touring is that you get to hear the soloists interpretations many times and in many different venues. You really get to appreciate their flexibility! 
I can't wait until I get the opportunity to play in front of the band!  


We were in a really interesting hotel at this stop. I don't think that I ever remember using a real jingly-jangly metal key for entry into my room. This was a very old school hotel with a Western vibe. 
When walking across the street to Wal-Mart one would frequently be passed by pig trucks. They are somewhat aromatic to be sure. 


Well, I am now caught up with my blogging! I'll try to stay more on top of things but it does get busy! Tonight we are performing in Sedalia, MO so I'll have updates from this evenings performance soon. Hope everyone is doing well!

2 comments:

Linda said...

It's too bad the closest you'll be to me is KCMO or Wichita.

Lauren Veronie said...

that is a bummer :(