Sunday, September 28, 2008

Things I Miss

My Mom is in town visiting this weekend and she was asking me to list things that I miss about Texas. I thought this was an interesting exercise that I might post here. 

She is definitely one of them, as well as all my family! Lance (brother) will be training at Ft. Eustis in Virginia soon, so hopefully we can see each other more often then.  

I miss my boyfriend! But he is coming to visit in November!

I really miss my little Geordi LaForge. Look at that face!!

I miss not having to worry about driving in the right hand lane and suddenly coming upon a row of cars just parked there. 

I miss having friends who live ten minutes away. You could call them up any time, express your boredom, and have a duet partner, Wii opponent, dubious cooking tester, or just some company to enjoy. 

I miss being able to rent a huge house for half the cost of a small one here. 

I miss Taco Cabana, large parking lots, and SUPER WAL-MARTS! 

But, to be fair, here are some things I love about my new life here in Maryland- 

I love having a job. Not just any job, but THIS job. Which means that I never have to justify getting that third degree any more, now being in school means I'm just motivated instead of desperate, haha. 

I love walking around the city. 

I love the commissary, which is usually cheaper than Wal-Mart, and carries lots of unique items that I tend to like to cook with. 

I love living so close to national monuments and so many other cool things to see and do. 

Things are still settling in. Sometimes my whole life here still feels like I'm on vacation, that it's all just temporary. But I'm sure soon this will be home. I leave for my first big tour on October 10th and I'll have plenty of updates from that adventure.



1 comment:

Mickey McCale said...

Sounds great - and belated congratulations from one Texan to another! Can't wait to hear the 'new' band!!!!