Sunday, September 7, 2008

I Survived

On August 28th I graduated Army Basic Combat Training. It was quite an adventure. I cannot even begin to describe all of the crazy things that I did, and it definitely required me to step outside my comfort zone. When life got miserable two things really kept me going- the mail I got from family and friends, and reminding myself of what a great job was awaiting me at the end. 





Here I am at graduation waiting for the ceremony to start. We look like robots, I rock the sitting attention.





 Our three drill sergeants are about to march 4th platoon on to the stage. 









Here I am marching up to get an award. It is simply amazing how bad people are at marching. We march everywhere we go in Basic. It is crazy how bad people's rhythm is and how hard some people find it to stay on the right foot. I do not understand how you can be screaming "LEFT LEFT LEFT RIGHT" and be stepping "RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT LEFT," haha. 
 

This is my friend Wiley, who is from Baltimore, my new hometown. I'll have more pics of BCT friends up later when I get access to a scanner. 


So this tough part is done and now I am ready to jump headfirst into my awesome job! Updates soon! 

1 comment:

Leah said...

oh yay! i was just yesterday wondering if you were going to keep this up now that you're moved. can't wait to hear about your new apartment and how everything is going!