Thursday, December 11, 2008

Overdue Update

It's been a while since my last post! The end of the year is always a super busy time. Here are a few pics to show some of what has been keeping me occupied lately. 
I finally have my apartment looking livable! This is a quick snapshot of my living room. It's starting to feel a little bit like home but one thing's for sure, it's way more comfy to hang out in than an empty room. 

I went to my first Tuba Christmas in Washington D.C. It was quite an experience!
I ran in the 5k Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis in downtown Baltimore. 
We had a really good group get together for this and it was super fun. I definitely want to try more big running events. 

Another cool event was the International Women in Brass annual Holiday Brass fundraiser. This took place in a huge Catholic church in Baltimore. It was a packed house and brass players form all over the area got together to perform some nice holiday music. 

Up next this month, the Field Band is going to Chicago to perform at the Midwest Band & Orchestra Clinic. I'm so excited about this because I will get to see many friends and mentors that I haven't been able to visit with much since I moved up here. I'm also pumped about our performance, I think it's going to go great. It's a dream come true to be able to perform at this convention with TUSAFB. 

After Chicago, I'll be heading down to Texas for the holidays. Hopefully will have lots of fun pics to post from the rest of this month's adventures!

No comments: