Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!

It is so wonderful to be home celebrating the holidays with my family! I'm sitting in our living room gazing at the tree, full from breakfast, with my dog resting her head on my leg. This first picture is my dad basking in the glory of the Snuggie my mom got him for Christmas. Apparently he'd been asking for one since seeing those ridiculous commercials. This made me laugh so much! 


I thought I'd post some pictures of recent holiday activities that have been keeping me busy. I was invited to be a guest conductor at the Houston Tuba Christmas this year. Fortunately it was a balmy 75 degrees on the day of our performance (I miss Texas weather)! 













Check out all these sousaphones! I think the crowd really enjoyed such unique sights and sounds  while they were out doing holiday shopping. 

Here I am with one of my mentors, the awesome Mr. Bob Daniel, retired tubist with the US Air Force Band. He was one of the coordinators of the Tuba Christmas and it was fantastic to see him and catch up. 

Check out that tasty bowl of seafood gumbo! This was taken at the Veronie Family Christams Extravaganza and extra special because all of the Veronie's were able to make it this year. Starting from the top, that's my Dad, all six of his children and their spouses, all ten of his grandchildren which includes three spouses and two boyfriends, and six great-grandchildren. Add in a few extras, and that's a lot of people! It's hard for everybody to meet at the same place every year, but this year we pulled it off and it was really nice. 

One of the best parts of the weekend was when my older siblings surprised my Dad with a brand new pickup truck that they got for him. He was totally overwhelmed! His old truck had something like 130,000 miles on it and was wearing out. This new one is just beautiful! 

Of course I am loving being reunited with my little Geordi dog. She still remembers me and has been sleeping at my feet every night! Here she is in a ridiculous outfit that my mom got her. Gotta love the pink camo! 

I'll have more holiday pics and updates later. Hope everyone is having a wonderful time this year and enjoying the season! 

1 comment:

Leah said...

omg that snuggie pic is hilarious.m merry christmas, lauren!