Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Holiday Wrap-Up

I'm sitting in the Atlanta airport, waiting on my connecting flight to Baltimore, and thought I would do a quick post with a few last pictures from my trip home. I had such a wonderful time in Texas. I got to see all my family and several friends, and it was a nice chance to really relax. 


Dad and Geordi definitely took advantage of the down time!










Of course the holidays means football! Here I am with Lance showing off our Texans pride. 
They closed up an 8-8 season with a win over Chicago. (The Ravens won too)! Looking forward to the playoffs. 




Here I am in the Woodlands with the fantastic Meredith Ware. Her Dad was my first euphonium teacher, and we have been friends for going on 9 years now! 



I have to say that I had a lot of good food while I was home for Christmas. I tried to make up for it by doing some good PT- my brother helped me with that and I was sore for days after one workout!

Here we are eating some of Dad's skewered shrimp. 
Other highlights were seafood gumbo, Dad's mouth-watering Texas BBQ, authentic Mexican, homemade apple cobbler... I could go on!
I am glad to be heading back to Maryland, but it is going to be a quick stop. I'm going to a New Years party in DC on Wednesday night, and then will be up early (and hopefully not feeling too queasy) to catch my flight to Puerto Rico the next day. I'm going to a good friend's wedding and am pretty pumped about it. I am imagining myself lying on a beach, soaking up some 80 degree weather and maybe sipping on a mojito too! 

Updates on that trip soon!

No comments: