Monday, April 20, 2009

House and Happenings

Wanted to do a quick blog and mention some recent happenings. I'm very excited to be closing on my first home later in May. It is a three story townhouse near Ft. Meade. Now I have to get busy picking out paint colors and getting my stuff in Baltimore all packed up and ready for one final move. Here is a picture of the front of the place. 


Here is a snapshot of me with my friend Tracy  when we are out and about. It has been nice being home from tour and catching up on doing fun things with friends. We saw a movie about opera auditions on this night. Interesting! 

On a more somber note, today we laid to rest former commander and conductor of the US Army Field Band, Colonel Finley Hamilton. I only had the opportunity to meet the Colonel a few times, but he seemed to be a very gracious man, and somebody very enthusiastic and dedicated to music and country. 

The Field Band had the honor of playing music at the Colonel's funeral at Arlington National Cemetery. It was a very moving experience. 

Here I am in front of the "Pershing's Own" band building, where we rendezvoused before the ceremony. 

1 comment:

Leah said...

ooh lauren! your own house! how exciting! congratulations!! exclamation points!!!!