Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roule!!

Happy Mardi Gras! Thought I'd do a quick post with a few pictures from my first attempt at celebrating Fat Tuesday away from the South. I had quite an adventure trying to find a King Cake up here. This was the best I could manage, and it only resembled the real deal because I had the bakery lady at Giant doctor it up for me and insert the plastic baby. *sigh*
I had a few friends over and made my two favorite cajun dishes. On the left is coubion, a tomato based fish & shrimp stew. On the right is your classic chicken and sausage gumbo. I even made the roux myself, which is quite a challenge. I made a huge mess but I think it turned out alright. 

I should have pictures up soon from our brief mini-tour to New Jersey! 

1 comment:

Leah said...

aw i miss you and your gumbo! hope you had a good mardi gras :)