Friday, January 16, 2009

January Moments

This month has been pretty exciting. As soon as I returned from leave it was right back to work, getting ready for the Presidential Inauguration. We have been braving some freezing weather so that Barack can have some tasty Army jams. It is very exciting to be a part of such an historical moment and I can't wait to see the huge crowds lined up down Constitution Ave! 

This weekend my mom, brother and brother's fiancee came to visit. We went into DC to see some of the monuments. Of course they decided to visit when it was 9 degrees outside, but we had a good time anyway. Here we are in front of the Texas section of the World War II Memorial. I think this is my second favorite memorial, with the Korean War Memorial probably being my No. 1 pick. 


Earlier in the week some of my friends and I had a Ladies Night out on the town in Baltimore. Here we are at the famous eatery Bertha's Mussels. The seafood was excellent and we got these free bumper stickers. 
In other exciting news, Geordi has finally arrived from Texas. I think she is settling in pretty well. She has already lost a few pounds of the table-scrap weight that she put on after staying with my parents for so many months! I've taken her exploring in the city a little bit and look forward to walking her even more when it warms up a bit. I'm definitely glad to have my little furry companion back! 

1 comment:

Leah said...

aw yay i'm so glad you have Geordi back!